The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants requiring accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department. The Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.
As a member of the IT Services department, the Technician is the first point of contact for end-user IT issues and requests, as well as general network IT support for Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall.
• Manages the help desk system by fielding, processing and assigning requests and issues.
• Provides support for end-user devices and peripherals, by installing, monitoring, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading desktop hardware, software, and peripheral equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance.
• Provides customer-focused desktop support for staff using strong interpersonal service skills.
• Completes simple Move/Add/Change/Delete (MACD) requests.
• Supports mainstream as well as specialized office software and hardware including (but not limited to) Window 10, Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 365 and Azure, Microsoft CRM, iOS and Android mobile devices, a specialized ticketing system, ticket scanning systems, desktop and tablet PCs as well as wireless networks.
• Creates documentation for existing and new applications as well as procedures for our self-service knowledge base.
• Maintains and supports the VoIP phone system and related items.
• Keeps current on existing and emerging IT related technologies.
• Minimum 2 years of technical support experience.
• Post-secondary education or currently enrolled in a technical related field.
• Experience in a Microsoft environment with Windows 10 and Server 2012 (R2), 2016.
• Experience with Office 365, Microsoft Azure and/or other cloud-based infrastructure in a business or corporate environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of DNS, DHCP and Active Directory.
• General IT support and problem diagnosis experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated customer service and relationship building capabilities.
• Adaptability to changing priorities and time constraints.
• High degree of self- motivation and ability to work independently.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Flexibility to work in different venues/location as well as after-business hours, including evenings and weekends, to provide technical support during and after performances or during complex project rollouts (as scheduled).
• Flexibility to be available 'On-Call'.
• Ability and desire to learn and retain new technical concepts quickly.
• Ability to deal with and prioritize multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment.
• Previous experience providing small-group training sessions would be an asset.
• Knowledge of Tessitura software or another ticketing and event system would be an asset.