The Bartender is responsible for providing fast, professional beverage and concession service to patrons and for the efficient operation of bars and concessions.
• Provide feedback to management with respect to patron’s comments and concerns
• Proactively maintain a current knowledge of upcoming events, and services/facilities available at the Halls and surrounding areas to be able to knowledgeably respond to patron’s questions
• Possess a thorough knowledge of procedures for handling patron incidents and emergencies and be prepared to handle these situations should they arise
• Ensure responsible service of alcohol
Bar and Concession Operation
• Set up bars and concessions and ensure adequate supplies are available prior to each performance or event
• Sell bar and concession items, minimizing wastage and spillage
• Clear dirty glassware from lobby areas
• Replenish stock at lobby bars as required following each performance or event
• Maintain cleanliness of kitchen, dishwashing, storage, bars, concession, and all other food and beverage areas in accordance with Ontario Health regulations and the Corporation’s policies
• Wash glassware and restock bars at end of every shift
• Complete Stock Sheets and cash deposit information at the end of every shift
• Return unused stock to appropriate storage areas at each workstation in accordance with security procedures and the Corporation’s policies
• Report any items requiring cleaning or repair immediately to manager or supervisor
• Identify potential problems and report to management, developing solutions wherever possible
• Previous food and beverage service experience with cash handling
• Catering experience, Smart Serve certification preferred
• Flexibility required, average 15-20 hours weekly, day, evening and weekend shifts required, if there are shows on both Saturday and Sunday, employees are required to work one of the days
• Employees are required to work 2 (two) of the following dates: December 24th, December 31st, and January 1st
• Work at least 50% plus 1 (one) of the shows and events scheduled each week (a combination of days, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Friendly, outgoing disposition toward patrons and co-workers
• Dedication to excellence and superior customer service essential
• Professional manner with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to reach and bend frequently and lift up to 40 lbs.
• The physical demands of bartending duties include visual concentration, mental alertness, manual dexterity, and physical standing, with bending/lifting (up to 40 lbs/case of beer) and sitting, depending on the location assignment
• Standing and walking required for 75% to 100% on a scheduled shift
• Pressure in reacting to emergency situations in accordance with defined protocol
• Normal - within the building environment
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.
The Corporation is dedicated to employment equity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
The Corporation is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.