Part-Time Food & Beverage Supervisor
The Supervisor is responsible for providing exceptional supervision and patron service in all areas and to assist in the efficient operation of the Food & Beverage department.
Food & Beverage Operations
• Supervise the operations of the bar and concession staff
• Ensure the efficient operation of all service and catering functions
• Assist in refinement of operations and maximizing of profits
• Facilitate communication between management and staff
• Liaison with catering and rental staff
• Works in conjunction with front-of house management and staff to ensure patron services and needs are managed
• Report any items requiring cleaning and/or repair immediately to manager
• Train, coach and motivate staff in all food & beverage operations duties and procedures, the Corporation’s policies and regulations
• Identify potential problems and report to management, developing solutions wherever possible
• General office administrative support
• Greet all patrons with respect and a warm, sincere welcome
• Proactively maintain current knowledge of upcoming events, and services/facilities available at the halls and surrounding areas to be able to knowledgeably respond to patron questions
• Provide feedback to senior management with respect to patron comments and concerns
• Analyze operations and identify opportunities to improve levels of service
• Possess a thorough knowledge of procedures for handling patron incidents and emergencies and be prepared to handle these situations should they arise
• Ensure emergency egress points from assigned section are kept clear and safe
• Previous food and beverage service experience with cash handling
• Catering experience at the supervisory level, Smart Serve certification preferred
• Flexibility required, average 20-25 hours weekly, day, evening and weekend shifts required, if there are shows on both Saturday and Sunday, employees are required to work one of the days
• Employees are required to work 2 (two) of the following dates: December 24th, December 31st, and January 1st
• Work at least 50% plus 1 (one) of the shows and events scheduled each week (a combination of days, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ability and willingness to strive for excellence and superior customer service essential
• Professional demeanor with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Friendly and self-motivated with outgoing disposition toward patrons and co-workers
• Problem solving skills, ability to adapt to change on short notice
• First Aid and CPR training an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.
The Corporation is dedicated to employment equity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
The Corporation is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.