Rise up with LIZ LOKRE
The Rise Up Movement is all about telling stories of people who are positively impacting the world and encouraging people of all ages and walks of life to Rise Up! in their communities. In the Rise Up! Workshop, sing-songwriter LIZ LOKRE brings this movement to your school, through pre-show resources and an interactive assembly-style presentation for students in grades 6 through 8.
Using music and her voice, Liz encourages students to take a positive stand in their community, their schools, and as global citizens. Students will be empowered to become change-makers by identifying their unique skillset and discovering ways to overcome their challenges. Ultimately, students are encouraged to exercise these qualities to affect positive change in their local community.
• Enhance your character education assemblies on subjects such as: Respect, Responsibility, Empathy, Fairness, Co-operation, Integrity, Perseverance, Optimism, Charity, Courage, Love, Justice, Inclusivity, Self-Esteem, Global Citizenship, and Leadership
• Explore personal emotional responses to music
• Discuss how the rhythm and melody in Liz’s music emphasises its empowering message
• How current social, political, and economic factors can contribute to the creation of and our personal reactions to music
• Canada’s participation in current social issues; issues of conflict and change
Duration: 45 minutes
Recommended Audience: Grades 6, 7, and 8
Max Audience Size: 300 students
Space Requirements: Auditorium or Gymnasium, projector and screen (artist will provide own laptop), microphone and amp
Cost: $750, limited funding available, inquire for details